Sunday, September 13, 2009

Darkness and light

Life is full of darkness and light. This past week I experienced both. On Sept 10, 2009 at 11:52 pm Danielle (like my little sister but she is my niece) gave birth to Brody James Clark. Brody was diagnosed in utero with Trisomy 18 . We were hopeful but not sure what Brody's outcome would be. He lived about 2 hours. In those two hours that sweet baby helped me to let go of somethings that had bothered me the last couple of years and to be a more loving understanding Aunt and person. I won't say that I understand god's plan in this
situation but I am praying that he continues to show it to me and helps me to understand.

I sat down many times to write an entry not sure if I should include something about Brody or if I should just talk about Kyler's first day of school. I won't continue to go into lots of detail because its not an experience I want to relive over and over again. But Brody was important to me and it didn't feel right to not mention him.

Kyler started his last year of preschool on Friday. He is also going to a new preschool since his old one closed. He seems to like his new school and his teacher only had nice things to say about him. He'll have homework at this new school and it feels much more like kindergarten. I am hoping he learns a lot this year and is ready for next year.

2 comments:

Jamie W. said...

(((hugs)))

YEAH Kyler. :D

Pia said...

I'm so sorry for you and for Danielle.

I'm happy though that he did get to bring you some light before passing.

Lots of love, to all of you!