Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How to make a page kit

Page kits are just a way to put together a bit of this and a bit of that and know it will work together, which also makes it possible to work more quickly at a crop because you’ve already made those decisions of what to scrap and with what supplies.

I start off with what pictures I plan on using and add things from there.

 I look for pattern paper I want to use or an idea of what I want the layout to look like. In this case I started with paper.
 I then found a page (map, template, photo from a magazine) layout I wanted to use.
 Using the page map as a guide I gathered embellishments, ink and ribbon.
 I then put everything into a 2 gallon plastic bag. The whole process for me took maybe 5 minutes. And now I will not be hunting through my crop bag looking for an embellishment. I know exactly where to start. I would recommend making about 10 to 15 of these if you are a fast scrapbooker maybe more. You may or may not get through them all but they already to go for the next crop.

 Here are a few websites to get page layout ideas from:




1 comment:

Colleen k. said...

Seems like a good idea when going to Krops!