Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and Beyond

Well this first picture is actually from Dec 23. But it was just so cute I wanted to include it.

We had a nice Christmas, actually better than I had anticipated. On Christmas Eve I was having a hard day, facing the first Christmas without my mom, just really got to me. I left work early and went over to be with Kyler and Jay. Jay helped me get in a better state of mind.

Christmas was actually really mellow. We started off the day at our house with a nice breakfast opened our presents and the gifts from Santa. Kyler got a ton of stuff. Too much! Next year I should buy less.


At about 1 we headed over to Jay's and opened presents there. We waited for the Flaherty's from the coast to arrive and ate dinner. The most delicious Prime Rib ever! We hung out for a bit over there and then Mike, Leisa, Alex and Maci came over to our house for the night.

The next Morning we went out to breakfast. Leisa and I checked out some after Christmas sales. I bought my usual wrapping paper half off.

Kyler spent most of the day playing with his a multitude of toys. On Saturday we went over to Dan's Grandma's house and hung out over there for about 3 hours. Now we just have one trip up to Portland left to wrap up our Christmas but that will be a while.

And here is a small view of the mess I have left to clean up.

No comments: